Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

As I sit, eating my first breakfast in a long while...

...at two-thirty in the afternoon, mind you, I wonder if I should have gone to school today.

Sure, I would have played terribly in the morning's jazz band.

Granted, I couldn't have translated the back of a quarter in Latin.

And of course, I would have done nothing at all in English.

[That's not due to my infirmity, that's due to us never doing anything in English.]

At lunch, I could have infected the entire group of friends I eat lunch with with whatever it is I have.

[I'm sorry, I'm too out of it to rephrase that last sentence effectively.]

And I don't think I could take my PSAT prep class at all, with Julie taunting me with the new Zelda game the whole period.

And, no, she doesn't actively taunt me.

But she owns it.

And I don't.

And I despise her for that.

Otherwise, she's one of my dearest friends.


But all of the above may have been better than where I am now.

Sitting at home, being miserably sick with nothing to do.


Sure, I could try to discern what I got for Christmas.

But that's too easy.

I've read Sherlock Holmes.


I could, probably, play one of the easier video games I have.

But I might get the whole "You're well enough to play video games, you're well enough to go to school" spiel.

Playing games is a lot easier than coming to terms with the constant...peopleness of the people I come into contact with on a daily basis. That quality isn't exactly a bad thing, but it can be a bit overwhelming.


So, the main reason for this post?

Something for my disease-addled mind to do.


With all due respect, and my most sincere apologies,
jdogmoney

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?