Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

No time for a post...

...as I'm about to scamper off to a church for the first time in a long, long while.

I expect that to be a story worth telling, so look for that soon.

In the meantime, I had a few minutes left over after taking a test today, so after my customary nap, I decided to write a song.

It is as follows:

[By the way, as always, I want feedback. 'Tis a work-in-progress.]

I'm Pretty Much Amazing

I'm pretty much...amazing.
I'm wonderful...the best.
I'm at the top, cream of the crop,
And, well, you know the rest.

I'm constantly astounded
By my own charm.
I'm suave, debonair, and fly.
People are dumbfounded,
Struck with alarm,
That I'm such a stellar guy.

I'm pretty much...amazing
Grandiose and beyond scope
Not any of my enemies
Will say I'm at all a dope

I've always been bothered
By the fact
That I'm the best I've ever seen.
Never saw another
With no lack,
Polished to a glassy sheen.

I'm pretty much...amazing
And to be honest, kinda bored.
Yes, I'm weary, and somewhat leery
That I'm so great, I'm abhorred...

I really, really don't want
To be better.
That's just how the dice fell.
But I know a girl who'll daunt
If you ket her.
I'm glad to be able to tell:

She's pretty much...amazing.
A pristine example of cool.
I've found one, who's lots of fun,
And causes me to play the fool.

I still cannot believe my luck.
I'm quite fortunate...
To think...another as good as I.
Before, at the top, I was stuck,
A perch in a net.
But now I've found a reason to try.

We're pretty much...amazing.
Man...what a pair!
She's with me, I'm with she...
Did I mention I have incredible hair?




[By the way, this song is pure fiction. Things didn't exactly pan out.]

It's equal parts jazz and pop, with a hint of big band/Broadway.

Comments:
Nice poem, thankfully not too good to envelop the readers in your (self-professed) charm.

Things didn't pan out? Happens...
 
You know, I meant it as a farce, but no one seems to get the joke...

I'm not sure if I should be worried about that or not.

With all due respect,
jdogmoney
 
Self-Parody?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?